If the Easter bunny was again nice to you this year, you may find that you have left over more chocolate than you could have ever wished for. If your household is one of those, here are 4 creative ideas how to use them up and turn it into a family activity:
1. Recipe: The unusual – Chocolate Avocados
Avocado and chocolate? That sounds wild, but it tastes simply delicious in combination with coconut and vanilla.
120 ml (½ cup) Coconut-Cream
45 ml (3 table spoon) Maple Syrup
¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Avocados, cut in half, pealed
115 g (⅔ cup) chocolate, in small pieces
- Put the coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla and avocados in a blender. Place the mixture in a small, square plastic container and let it solidify in the freezer for about three hours.
- Melt the chocolate carefully in a water bath. Shape the avocado mixture into small balls with an ice cream spoon, dip in the melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Let cool in the freezer until the chocolate is firm.
2. Recipe: The classic – Chocolate Fondue
Chocolate Fondue is definitely an alltime classic and exists in countless varieties. We added some new ingredients to give it a special touch!
For dipping you can use for example: sponge fingers, apple pieces, pear slices, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas and pineapples.
240 ml (1 cup) water
480 ml (2 cups) Crème Double
2 table spoons of espresso
700 g (4 cups) chocolate, in pieces
60 ml Brandy
- Add water, crème double, coffee and chocolate to the mixer in the order listed and mix for about three minutes until the mixture is melted and creamy.
- Pour into a fondue pot and heat it on low temperature. For the adult version, add as much brandy as desired to give the mixture a special note.
3. Recipe: Kids favourites – crispy chocolate-nut flakes
This is a very fast and super delicious snack and the ideal activity for the entire family.
Chocolate in small pieces
Nuts, raisins, cornflakes or dried fruits
First you have to melt the chocolate in a water bath on low temperature. Then simply mix nuts, dried fruit, such as raisins, or cornflakes in the melted chocolate. Stir gently until everything is well covered with chocolate and pour the mixture onto a baking paper with a spoon. Now let it dry and the chocolate crunchies are ready.
4. Recipe: Indulgence – Hot Chocolate
Is there anything better than a good hot chocolate? In addition, with our recipe it is made so quickly. Even without powder.
Ingredients (for 2 big cups)
500 ml Milk (cow milk or alternatively, oat milk or almond milk)
100 g Chocolate
Pour the milk together with the chopped chocolate into a pan and heat it up slowly and while stirring on the hob. Make sure that the mixture is not boiling! The milk will instantly turn into hot chocolate. Now pour into cups and garnish with a little cream or frothed milk. Enjoy! These recipes have been brought to you by Attimo Chocolate Zurich, Switzerland’s first chocolate consulting company. Attimo creates unique corporate gifts and giveaways with a soul and full of love that can be personalized down to the last detail. All products are created with first-class Swiss single origin chocolate of the highest quality.
These recipes have been brought to you by Attimo Chocolate Zurich, Switzerland’s first chocolate consulting company. Attimo creates unique corporate gifts and giveaways with a soul and full of love that can be personalized down to the last detail. All products are created with first-class Swiss single origin chocolate of the highest quality.